Sources of Air Travel InformationAvailability and prices subject to change.
Citizen Information Center
- Write to the Citizen Information Center, P.O. Box 100, Pueblo, CO 81002.
- Fly Rights . Information on how to cope with delayed and canceled flights, overbooking, baggage problems, air fares, frequent-flyer programs, and other air service issues. 58 pp. $4.00.
- Foreign Entry Requirements . Visa and other requirements for many foreign countries. $1.00.
U.S. Department of Transportation
- Click here for information on how to submit a complaint to DOT about an air travel problem.
- Plane Talk. A series
of facts sheets on specialized topics. Free.
- Consumers Tell It to the Judge . Small claims court. Free.
Air Travel Consumer Report
. Statistics for the
industry and for individual airlines on delayed
and canceled flights, oversales, baggage problems
and consumer complaints to DOT. Free.
Complaints . To register a recorded complaint about air service with the Aviation Consumer Protection Division, call (202) 366-2220. Written complaints may be sent to the Division at the address at the beginning of this section. These complaints are charged against that airline (or other company) in the Department's monthly Air Travel Consumer Report and serve as a basis for rulemaking and enforcement action.
Federal Aviation Administration
- Childproof Your Flight
- Safety and Hazardous Materials Information
Hotline. Aviation safety concerns may be reported to the FAA at 1-800-255-1111.
U.S. Department of State
- How To Have A Safe Trip
- Hotline. Recorded information on travel safety, travel warnings about specific destinations, and other issues. (202) 647-5225.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Know Before You Go . Customs advice for entering the U.S. Free.
Federal Trade Commission
- Write to the Federal Trade Commission, 6th & Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Room 130, Washington, DC 20580
- Telemarketing Travel Fraud . Travel scams marketed by phone. Free.
U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Write to USDA/APHIS Public Information, 4700 River Road, Unit 1-A01, Riverdale, MD 20737
- Travelers' Tips . Bringing plant and animal products into the U.S. Free.
- Traveling By Air with your Pet. Free.
U.S. Public Health Service
- Centers for Disease Control: Travel Information
- International Travelers'
Telephone or fax-back information about required and recommended vaccinations for foreign destinations.
American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals
Write to ECPAT-USA, 157 Montague Street, Brooklyn, NY 11021
- What You Should Know About Sex Tourism Before You Go Abroad. Free
Top of document