Sources of Air Travel Information

Availability and prices subject to change.

Citizen Information Center

Write to the Citizen Information Center, P.O. Box 100, Pueblo, CO 81002.
Fly Rights . Information on how to cope with delayed and canceled flights, overbooking, baggage problems, air fares, frequent-flyer programs, and other air service issues. 58 pp. $4.00.
Foreign Entry Requirements . Visa and other requirements for many foreign countries. $1.00.

U.S. Department of Transportation

Click here for information on how to submit a complaint to DOT about an air travel problem.
Plane Talk. A series of facts sheets on specialized topics. Free.

Consumers Tell It to the Judge . Small claims court. Free.
Air Travel Consumer Report . Statistics for the industry and for individual airlines on delayed and canceled flights, oversales, baggage problems and consumer complaints to DOT. Free.

Complaints . To register a recorded complaint about air service with the Aviation Consumer Protection Division, call (202) 366-2220. Written complaints may be sent to the Division at the address at the beginning of this section. These complaints are charged against that airline (or other company) in the Department's monthly Air Travel Consumer Report and serve as a basis for rulemaking and enforcement action.

Federal Aviation Administration

Childproof Your Flight
Safety and Hazardous Materials Information

Hotline. Aviation safety concerns may be reported to the FAA at 1-800-255-1111.

U.S. Department of State

How To Have A Safe Trip
Hotline. Recorded information on travel safety, travel warnings about specific destinations, and other issues. (202) 647-5225.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection

Know Before You Go . Customs advice for entering the U.S. Free.

Federal Trade Commission

Write to the Federal Trade Commission, 6th & Pennsylvania Ave. N.W., Room 130, Washington, DC 20580
Telemarketing Travel Fraud . Travel scams marketed by phone. Free.

U.S. Department of Agriculture

Write to USDA/APHIS Public Information, 4700 River Road, Unit 1-A01, Riverdale, MD 20737
Travelers' Tips . Bringing plant and animal products into the U.S. Free.
Traveling By Air with your Pet. Free.

U.S. Public Health Service

Centers for Disease Control: Travel Information
International Travelers' Hotline: 404-332-4559

Telephone or fax-back information about required and recommended vaccinations for foreign destinations.

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Top Ten Tips for Safe Air Travel With Your Pet

ECPAT-USA (End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography and Trafficking of Children)

Write to ECPAT-USA, 157 Montague Street, Brooklyn, NY 11021

What You Should Know About Sex Tourism Before You Go Abroad. Free

June 2008

Top of document